Construction Project Manager
Hulbert Engineering and Land Surveying, DPC has an immediate opening for a Construction Project Manager. Candidate must have a thorough understanding of construction codes and OSHA safety requirements and the ability to read and understand drawings and relevant contract documents. Candidate must also possess a working knowledge of all sub trades, coordination, and cost estimating. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, managers, subcontractors, and clients, possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; and be proactive to avoid and resolve project issues or conflicts.
Job duties and responsibilities entail, but are not limited to the following
- Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
- Determine labor requirements and dispatch workers to construction sites.
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients, representing the owner or developer.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Obtain all necessary permits and licenses.
- Direct and supervise workers.
- Review job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Select, contract, and oversee workers who complete specific pieces of the project.
- Monitor and expedite supplies and materials to complete construction projects.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports.
- Develop and implement quality control programs.
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
- Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems.
- Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites, to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out.
- Evaluate construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans.
- Manage multiple projects and work various shifts.
- Candidate must have a minimum of five years Construction Project Management experience and a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering. Candidate with NYS P.E. license or E.I.T. Certification is preferred. Proficiency in use of computer software programs such as MS Excel, Word, and Outlook, and Project Management software. Candidate should be a self-starting, detail-oriented individual with organizational and interpersonal skills and possess a strong sense of urgency and self-initiative to meet client deadlines.
Apply for a Position Below
Please fill out the form below and we’ll contact you regarding your application. (All fields are required)